28 May 2013

A Design Presence: Self Branding Range of Products and Web Research


I have researched into a few personal branding and identity projects, looking for inspiration into what I need to create and looking at how people have applied their branding to various products. I think the most successful branding projects are the ones that have a little bit of variation, in terms of colour and stock perhaps, than the ones that are a little more monotonous and just use the same colour palette throughout everything. I would like to use a couple of different colours in my branding, and I also think that attention to detail is really important with people's branding, such as the finishes on the sides of the business cards, like painting the edges or triplexing the stock so that it is more durable and also adds visual interest.


I have also researched into different online portfolios of studios and designers that I like to see how they display their work and what would best present my own work in an online format. I really like the designers and studios that use a more informal layout as it makes their website seem more fun and interesting, although I do not have enough work to be able to use that kind of approach. I also like where the layouts of the actual work when you click onto different projects scroll down and the images are central, as it feels very clean and simple, and I think it's effective in just letting the work speak for itself. It's also reassuring looking at these amazing studios that their logos are mainly text based and very simple. Little bits of attention to detail have caught my eye, such as features where you scroll over an image and text pops up or a colour block, such as the feature on the Hey Studio site.

No comments:

Post a Comment