27 May 2013

Creative CV: Part 2

Information to be included in the CV

Short Personal Statement: (Really unsure what to put here!!!)

Education:
Leeds College of Art Ba(Hons) Graphic Design Year 2
Blackpool and The Fylde College Foundation Diploma (Distinction)

Personal Information:
Live in Chorley/Leeds

Contact Info:
email address
mobile number
website (I still need to create/ buy a domain name)

I don't have any professional experience as of yet, which is really the whole point of creating this CV so that I can hopefully gain some experience, so I will simply emit this information.

Also in terms of personal qualities I really don't know what makes me stand out against anyone else, because there are the obvious skills such as time management and organisation, ability to communicate effectively with clients and in the team that you need to be successful in a studio environment. I'm also already trying to convey my sense of humour throughout the publication, so I'm not sure whether I need to repeat this. Creative thinking? Intelligence? An archive of pop culture references stored in my head?

Creative Skills: Branding and Identity, Publishing Design, Copy writing, Idea generation
Screen printing

Creative Interests: Analog printing, publishing, branding, advertising, photography, fashion design and fashion magazines.

Practical Skills:
Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,
Experience using Dreamweaver

Personal Interests (if they need to be included) : Television Comedies, Film, Drumming, Reading.

I think figuring out what to actually put on my Creative CV is giving me a bit of trouble, obviously I need to convey my desire to be a designer and also put across my skills, but I don't want to sound massively big headed, but then I also don't want to get lost in a sea of other applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment