24 May 2012

Speaking from Experience Designs

The format the app is going to take is as a series of questions, that in print would look like a flow chart, but on the app I will be displaying them separately. I could only really find a few really useful examples of what I have in my head which are displayed below. Its important to me for the app to be humorous and slightly mocking, as I am trying to stop people from taking the first year so seriously.  



I love the look of this flow chart, and I think that the colours used here are ideal for my designs as light blue is meant to be a calming colour, and my app is meant to de-stress the students. I also think that the typeface used is ideal as it is stylish, but also quite neutral so it will appeal to all the students. 

This is the opening page of the app that I have designed, and I am going to continue my designs in this style. Ive used the calm blue for the background and kept the rest of it monochromatic so it stays simple and uncluttered. I have been inspired by Catalogue studio's design style because I think it looks quite straightforward and relaxed, with its post modern aesthetics and disregard for formal layout etc, which works well for the ideas the app is putting across. I also think its a style that will appeal to first year graphic designers. 
Because it is based on my experience, I have also tried to add some northern humour, with the title 'Be Reet' which is Chorley for 'it'll be alright', which is a calming mantra I have been using during the past few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment