15 March 2012

Time Management Review

As Fred predicted it would, time management started off well, and my glass was very much half full. And now it has descended into a late night blog post attempting to catch up with this week, which has gone far too quickly. And the half full cup has now been completely emptied and replaced with something to numb the pain of being a failure.

The plan for Wednesday was
Get up
Get the bus
Go to the lecture
Type up lecture notes
Eat
Photograph Eve's work
Screenprint
Blog
Eat
Sleep


Photographing Eve's work took far longer than expected, and because I was using a DSLR I got caught up in the workings of it, which was more difficult than I thought when photographing a large space and trying to make it look professional. Again, I didn't get chance to screen print anything for mother's day, and had to opt for a conventional present leaving me with a sense of creative guilt. I also never got round to typing up my lecture notes, what little there was of them, because I want to go back to the presentation on moodle and research more online.


The plan for Thursday was
Get up
Get the bus
Work on stamp designs
Eat
In Design - Finish Eve's DPS
Stamp designs
COP Publication Research
Blog
Eat
Sleep

Thursday morning was the least productive I have ever felt in my entire life. I came in, with the full intention of coming up with if not an amazing clever life changing concept, at least a concept. Instead, I spent the morning complaining to Suzanne about environmentalism and staring at the mac screen in the hopes that an idea would flash up on google specifically for me. The afternoon was more productive and I managed to complete(ish) Eve's double page spread, and I was actually really happy with it.
Then I tried again with the stamp designs, and had the same amount of success as the morning. Only as I was about to leave did I have the vaguest sense of an idea which I've developed tonight. Very disappointing levels of productivity for definite. Never wanted to punch my laptop screen more.

The plan for tomorrow is
Get up
Pack
Get the bus
Get in for 9
Print off concept boards
Prepare design sheets for crit with Jo.
Jo's crit at 11
Lunch
Prepare for Amber's crit
Have crit
Get the train home
Unpack
Spend 20 minutes maximum practicing the drums before panicking about annoying my drum teacher with my lack of commitment and technical skill
Go to my boyfriends
Watch Fringe
Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment