19 November 2012

3 Things Task

Strengths 

Ideas generation
Copywriting
Branding/Identity

Weaknesses 

Finish and execution of work isn't of a very high standard, which is something I am determined to improve this year.
I am not very experimental or innovative in the way I design, I tend to play it safe.
Time management and motivation is still a big one. I tend to have some decent(ish) ideas, then pay no attention until the last minute when it's too late to do something with them, and then turn in something that I'm not entirely proud of. I've started to notice this year my focus is improving, but I still wish I was more motivated and organised.


Goals for the year

To be shortlisted for a competition brief.
To get a placement with a design studio I love.
To produce work I'd be pleased to show in my portfolio.

Wishes

To live and work in Paris and America for at least a year, being surrounded by amazing food, art and design. I pretty much want the life of either Rachel Khoo or her American equivalent, which I can't think of right now. I've been a bit of a wimp during my life, vowing never to fly anywhere because of my fear of heights, but I need to stop letting it hold me back.

To have my own screenprint/ letterpress studio/ gallery/ cafe/ book shop/ creative space that would be open to anyone with a love of print and design, a little bit like Cornerhouse in Manchester, or Phoenix Square in Leicester. I feel like this would be a great way to combine all of my ridiculous and numerous aspirations in life.

To dance with Beyonce and walk down the catwalk with Tyra Banks. If I did those two things then I think I could die happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment